Abyssinia Fine Art School is a privately owned company was established in the year 2002 by a group of individuals who are close to Art and dedicated to help the enhancement of Fine Arts, the growing need graphic arts and computer aided design and animation in the country.
As the pioneer and leading privately owned fine art school working actively in the sector the school is currently engaged in training in the fields of painting, sculpture, music, and both traditional and modern dancing.
Mission and vision
Abyssinia Fine Art School envisions open, transparent, and responsible society with a prosperous and developed nation which is a better place to live.
- Helping young people play their part in promoting shared values through fine arts, music and dancing.
- Empowering young artists by creating responsible citizens
- Inculcating the importance of transparency, responsibility and accountability through the work of art, music and dancing
- Enabling young people to build their vocational career.
- Making young people productive social group who are skilled with fine arts.
- Influencing the large majority of the society towards poverty reduction, fighting against HIV and AIDS and Harmful traditional practices through visual art, music and dancing.
- Making art, music and dancing the best tools in the democratization and poverty reduction process.
- Enhancing the role of the arts in shaping the society at large towards positive values.
In the past 15 years more than 5000 trainees have graduated from Abyssinia after effectively accomplishing a one year certificate programme in:
- Drawing and painting
- Traditional and Modern Music Instrument training
- Traditional and modern Dance
- Graphics and Design
- Theatrical Art
Currently about 300 trainees are attending their one year training session in different fields
The Learning Environment
Currently the school has sufficient standard classroom equipped with essential fine arts equipments and tools accommodating around 100 trainees at a time.
The school gives training in three shifts, 5 days a week
Morning session, Afternoon session and Evening session
The school has a library with a capacity of accommodating 30 trainees at a time. The library has a sizable quantity of related books and other relevant reference materials.
- The school has designed its own curriculum and syllabus to be used for the training as there was none present from the Ministry of Education.
- Based on the curriculum instructors prepare their lesson plan accordingly
- The school provides handouts for trainees regularly which back up lecture and practical lessons.
- 70% of the courses comprise practical lessons where the remaining 30% cover the theoretical lessons.
- Persistent performance evaluation is conducted at a monthly base.
- A student is expected to score at least 70% in all the subjects to receive the certificate from the school.
- Medium of instruction is English.
Despite the scarcity of professionals who specialized painting and graphic design and sculpture locally. Abyssinia has done its level best to search and employ the best few qualified professional instructors and trainers, since then our school is sufficiently staffed by proficient and competent instructors today.
Since providing quality training is what Abyssinia is distinguished for. Its efforts to improve it on what is in existence. Because we are certain that the institutional integrity and goodwill we established today is obtained from nothing but the quality training we provide.
Academic Staff Qualification
|MA degree||3||Senior Instructor|